What are composite doors?
If you’re unfamiliar with the term, composite doors are made from different materials including uPVC, wood, Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) and insulating foam to create a strong, secure end product.
There’s a uPVC outer frame, with galvanised steel reinforcement, a subframe to enhance stability and a hardwood inner frame.
The idea is that composite products, among the newer models available on today’s market, ‘design out’ the flaws of earlier solutions. And, in a relatively short period of time, these doors have set a fresh standard within the home improvement industry for quality, longevity and reliability.
That’s because of the combination of materials used, each one chosen for its beneficial properties.
What’s more, they’re versatile enough to be used at the back or front of your home, and could seriously enhance the price at which you’d be able to market your property if and when the time comes.
So what are the benefits?
Replace your current door with a composite model and look forward to the following:
- High weather resistance – Composite doors don’t react to seasonal changes in the same way those made of a single material do.
- High thermal resistance – Thanks to the insulating foam core
- Great appearance – Composite doors are designed to look similar to real wooden versions, with an attractive wood-appearance grain
- Low maintenance – A quick wipe with a cloth is all that’s needed to keep your composite doors looking spotless
Greater security – Than that offered by a traditional wooden door.
- Composite models are just about impossible for an intruder to get through. In fact, they’re among the most secure portals on offer in today’s marketplace.
- Solid and robust – Fully able to withstand all the inevitable bumps and knocks of daily family life for years on end
What’s more, you’ll find a great choice in terms of colours and finishes, more so than with some of the alternatives.
You can also choose from a variety of glazing options, and add some personalised hardware (such as letterbox and handles) to suit your property, taste and budget.
Composite doors combine style and performance to make them the smart choice. Working with leading supplier Consort, we offer a stunning range of these solutions – check out the line-up and then talk to us to learn more.